Join the California (CDFA) & New Zealand (MPI) 'Smart Climate Agriculture' webinar
On 11 October 2022, New Zealand Agriculture Minister Damien O’Connor and the California Department of Food & Agriculture (CDFA) Secretary, Karen Ross, signed a joint Letter of Intent. The LOI was designed to increase the level of agrifood tech collaboration between New Zealand & California, specifically in the areas of ‘Climate Smart Agriculture’.
Next Thursday, New Zealand’s Ministry of Primary Industries and the CDFA are hosting a joint webinar to advance the purpose of the LOI. One key objective is to promote the 2023 Salinas Biological Summit which illustrates how New Zealand and California can work together to build a more sustainable farming framework.
You can view next week’s webinar via this public ZOOM link
Webinar ID: 853 6422 3336
The Agenda: Thursday April 6th – All times NZT
9:00am Welcoming & Introductions
9:05am California & New Zealand Government
- Steve Kelly, Manager, Market Access North Asia and Americas, Ministry for Primary Industries, New Zealand
- Tawny Mata, Director, Office of Environmental Farming and Innovation, California Department of Food & Agriculture
9:15am Importance of Agri-Food-Tech (15m Panel Discussion)
- Dennis Donahue, Director, Western Growers Innovation & Technology Center
- Peter Wren-Hilton, Founder & CEO, Wharf42
9:30am Perspectives from California & New Zealand
- Ed Massey, General Manager, NZ Winegrowers
- Grower Testimonial
- Allison Jordan, California Sustainable Winegrowing Alliance
- Grower Testimonial
10:00am A Lighter Touch – Future of Farming
- Julie Henderson, California Sustainable Pest Management – Director, California Department of Pesticide Regulation
- Livia Esterhazy, Programme Director, A Lighter Touch
10:30am Closing Remarks/END
Next week’s webinar will highlight some of the emerging opportunities being identified to accelerate the purpose of the LOI. In June, the 2023 Salinas Biological Summit provides a platform for growers, researchers, entrepreneurs and policy-makers to meet and engage with peers from around the world.